A driver is a program that has control over a specific device that is attached to your device. For your devices to work properly, it should be made sure that the driver compatible with your device is at its best. When faced with any kind of driver problems, contact the Dell Support Team to help you with your issues.
First step in dealing with any driver issue is to update your driver. To accomplish this, follow the procedure given below.
- Under the device manager section, open the properties tab.
- By modifying resource settings, you can update your driver.
It is recommended that, for all your Dell devices, use the drivers available from the Dell website.
Every time you reinstall the Operating System, drivers for all devices attached should be updated appropriately. Updating the drivers will help u with increasing the performance of the device and expanding compatibility. Installing drivers from an unknown could corrupt the Operating System. It could also cause performance issues, blue screen errors and in rare cases it might cause unusual shut downs. It could also infect your device with malicious software.
Sometimes, it could happen that, it is the device that is corrupted and not the driver. This can be solved by looking into your Device Manager.
Follow the steps as shown below.
- Open the control panel window in PC.
- Open the device manager tab.
- If you encounter an exclamation point, a question mark, or a yellow triangle against your device, it is most probably due to the faulty functioning of your device.
Otherwise, it’s the problem with your device which can be fixed easily by installing the appropriate driver for your device. The model’s make and number should be taken a note of, as it is required to find a fitting driver for your device. The Driver Update Tool makes all of the above said easy by updating your drivers automatically.
Although these steps are simple but even after the specified instructions if you are not able to resolve the problem then kindly contact our Dell Support Team via our Dell Support Helpline Number 1-800-958-239. Our experts in this matter will guide you through every step and fix any issue related to your Dell.
It could be an urgent requirement for your Dell device to reboot if it is hanging, unable to perform efficiently or can not handle basic operations. Rebooting is also known as Factory Restore. It is implemented on every laptop for fixing these issues, getting your device in its earlier position.
Below is one of the methods of rebooting:
1. The simplest method of rebooting a Windows laptop by clicking on the Start button and selecting ‘Turn Off Computer’, ‘Reboot’ and then ‘Shut Down’. If you have a device that can be turned on,
2. CTRL + ALT + DEL simultaneously on keyboard. You will see a small window appearing. From the drop down select the ‘Shut Down’ option. Then choose ‘Reboot’ or ‘Shut Down’.
3. You are required to perform a hard shutdown if the mouse is not responding to the commands. Although Dell devices lets you shut down the laptop by using power switch. Hold the button for next 5 to 10 seconds and everything will shut down.
4. You are required to go to source directly if the power button is not working properly. Just remove the plug from the laptop and use the battery. It means no power and instant shutdown.
5. Follow any of the method mentioned in 2, 3 and 4 steps to make sure that you get the RAM clear before turning it on again. It will also enhance the device’s performance.
In this way you can easily reboot the Dell laptop.
Call Dell Support Sydney number 1-800-958-239 for more details about the device and the rebooting process at Sydney
Our technical support team is here to assist you with the device without waiting for you. You can reach us by calling at Dell Technical Support Number 1-800-958-239 . You can also connect with the experts via live chat or email.
A safe mode is an option which allows you to access the limited set of files and drivers of your laptop. Safe mode in your Dell laptop allows you to troubleshoot problems related to the programs and drivers that prevent your laptop from functioning properly.
So, if your laptop is attacked by the virus or any driver fails to work, then you need to boot your laptop to safe mode in order to troubleshoot the problem. To boot the laptop in safe mode, follow the instructions given by Dell technical support number 1-800-958-239.
Booting The Dell Laptop In Safe Mode
1. First, take out any floppy disc, CD or DVD from the laptop. Now, restart your laptop by clicking on the ‘Start’ button at the bottom left corner of the screen and then click ‘Restart’.
2. Now, you have to boot to ‘Advanced Boot Options’ before the window is loaded on the laptop. To load the advanced boot options press the F8 button continuously for few times when your laptop starts up. This will open the safe mode of the laptop. If the Windows logo appears on the screen, it means that you have gone past the boot options menu. In this case, you need to restart your laptop again and press the F8 button again.
3. This will open the Advanced Boot Options menu on the screen. Select the ‘Safe Mode’ option by using the arrow keys and press the ‘Enter’ key.
4. Make sure that you are log on to the laptop with an administrator account.
5. Now, you have entered the safe mode in your laptop and you can perform any task to resolve the problem.
To exit the safe mode, you just need to restart your laptop again and allow it to boot normally. You can call the Dell customer care number 1-800-958-239 if any problem arises while following the steps.
Many of you have blocked the pop-ups for your browser so that you do not get unwanted pop-ups while surfing. While there are various occasions when we need the pop-ups to enable. So, in this post Dell technical helpline is providing really easy steps to turn-off the pop-up blocker. You can follow these instructions step-by-step and disable the pop-up blocker for various web browsers. If still you are not able to turn off the pop-up blocker in your Dell system, then immediately call the Dell support number as they will provide you with the immediate solution. They are very highly trained and have deep technical knowledge. So, they will not take much time resolve the issues related to your account.
Follow the steps to turn-off the pop-up blocker for different browsers:
1. In the upper right hand corner, click on the ‘WRENCH’.
2. Click on the ‘Settings’.
3. Scroll down to ‘Privacy’ and click on the ‘Contents Settings’.
4. Scroll to ‘pop-ups’.
5. Check the box near ‘Allow all sites to show Pop-Ups’.
6. Finally, click on the ‘OK’ button.
1. From the Mozilla Firefox toolbar, select ‘Tools’.
2. A drop-down menu will appear and select ‘Options’.
3. From the Options dialog box, select ‘Content’.
4. Now, uncheck the ‘Block pop-up windows’ radio button to disable all the pop-ups.
5. Select ‘Close’
1. Click on the ‘Tools’ menu. If you do not see a menu press ‘Alt+T’.
2. Now, click on the Internet options’ and after that click on the ‘privacy’ button.
3. Here, uncheck the box near to ‘Turn on Pop-up blocker’, under the Pop-up blocker.
4. Finally, click on the ‘OK’ button.
1. In the menu bar, click ‘Safari’.
2. Click on the ‘Preferences’.
3. After that, click on the ‘Security’ tab.
4. Finally, uncheck the box next to ‘Block pop-up windows in the web content selection.
By following these easy steps you can easily turn off the pop-up blocker for various web browsers.
For any help call On Dell laptop support number 1-800-958-239