A safe mode is an option which allows you to access the limited set of files and drivers of your laptop. Safe mode in your Dell laptop allows you to troubleshoot problems related to the programs and drivers that prevent your laptop from functioning properly.
So, if your laptop is attacked by the virus or any driver fails to work, then you need to boot your laptop to safe mode in order to troubleshoot the problem. To boot the laptop in safe mode, follow the instructions given by Dell technical support number 1-800-958-239.
Booting The Dell Laptop In Safe Mode
1. First, take out any floppy disc, CD or DVD from the laptop. Now, restart your laptop by clicking on the ‘Start’ button at the bottom left corner of the screen and then click ‘Restart’.
2. Now, you have to boot to ‘Advanced Boot Options’ before the window is loaded on the laptop. To load the advanced boot options press the F8 button continuously for few times when your laptop starts up. This will open the safe mode of the laptop. If the Windows logo appears on the screen, it means that you have gone past the boot options menu. In this case, you need to restart your laptop again and press the F8 button again.
3. This will open the Advanced Boot Options menu on the screen. Select the ‘Safe Mode’ option by using the arrow keys and press the ‘Enter’ key.
4. Make sure that you are log on to the laptop with an administrator account.
5. Now, you have entered the safe mode in your laptop and you can perform any task to resolve the problem.
To exit the safe mode, you just need to restart your laptop again and allow it to boot normally. You can call the Dell customer care number 1-800-958-239 if any problem arises while following the steps.